To get you all set for Christmas, we will be creating a recipe card each day. We will have ideas for starters, sides and even how to use up leftovers! So why not try something new this festival season and give one of them a go?
Each recipe card features a Gilfresh staff member – our entire team is working around the clock to make sure there is lots of quality veg in stores for you to enjoy.
Click on the pictures below to view the recipes
- First up we have Tom McLaughlin who is our Commercial Manager with his recipe for Herby Roast Potatoes, Honeyed Parsnips & Orange Carrots.
- Next we have Jana Metvecka a line leader, with a recipe for Celeriac Gratin.
- Our third recipe is from Dominika Rovderova another Line Leader with her recipe for Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- One of our forklift drivers, Dariusz Banaszkiewicz, has a great recipe for Curry Vegetable Pie. Perfect for boxing day..
- Meet Declan McLeod, a line leader at Gilfresh. His recipe is for Spicy Parsnip Soup which is perfect for a starter on Christmas Day!
- Recipe number 6 is from Katalin Wolf who works in our Planning Department. Her recipe for Broccoli Cream Soup would be perfect on cold winter nights or as a starter on Christmas Day.
- Next up we have our Maintenance Manager, David Burrows with a Sicilian Style Roasted Cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts.
- On Day 8 we have Label Controller Patrik Oleksak with his recipe for Red Cabbage with apple, bacon & balsamic vinegar – another option for a delicious side on Christmas Day!
- Recipe Number 9 is from Purchase Ledger Clerk, Wendy McClean – Green Veggie Fritters a perfect way to use up leftover brussels sprouts and ideal for a snack on Boxing Day!
- Recipe number 10 comes from Karolina Krzyzowska who is part of the Quality Team. Her recipe for Salt & Cinnamon Kale Crisps are perfect for a tasty, yet healthy snack over the festive period!
- Next we have Phil Campbell, our Supply Chain Technologist. Phil normally spends his days out and about with our growers, but he’s taken a bit of time out to give us this recipe for Parmesan Brussel Sprouts – the perfect accompaniment for your Christmas Dinner!
- Our next recipe is from Malcolm Murdy who manages the Stores & Planning. His flavoured butters are perfect to store in your freezer to slice and use when needed! He also has a very important Christmas tip!
- Recipe 13 is from Sales & Marketing Executive Danielle Mitchell. This hearty Laksa soup is great for using up leftover roast vegetables and it even tastes great if you add some shredded roast meat!
- Next we have Janet Nelson-Panchev who works in the Transport Department. Her recipe is a delicious Cauliflower & Broccoli cheese which is perfect as a side on Christmas Day!
- This recipe is from John Johnston who works within our Procurement Department. He has a delicious way to spice up Brussels Sprouts by adding Bacon and Chestnuts!
- Recipe 16 is from Sales & Marketing Executive, Hannah Rodgers with her recipe for Parsnip Gratin – ideal for a side on Christmas Day!
- The final recipe is from our General Manager William Gilpin. Rudolph’s Rocket Fuel is a delicious soup recipe which is perfect for dinner on Christmas Eve before the ‘main man’ makes an appearance!